• Kylie Jenner releases a lip gloss, and people buy it.
• Michael Jordan puts out a new shoe, and people buy it.
• Matthew McConaughey is the spokesman for a car, and people want it.
• Apple releases a new phone, and people stand in line for it.
• One Direction releases a perfume, and it becomes viral on social media.
But when a friend or family member starts a new business people are wary of supporting it.
What's happening? Why are we so quick to support someone we don't know? Yet, we come up with a million reasons to not support someone we know and love.
(All while contributing to a celebrity's endless bank account.)
So, the next time you see a friend posting about their business, give them a quick like, comment, or share & help spread the word. Hats off to all entrepreneurs and start ups!
[Original author unknown]